I know that it looks like a mess but everything has it’s own little space and I know where it is. Here’s just a run down on what I have in my space and why.
1. My “Christening” gown: I found this when I was moving out. I was never actually ‘christened’ as a baby but my parents did have a naming ceremony where they announced the godparents and welcomed me to the world and the family. I’m planning on keeping this to pass on to my children.
2. Incense: I use this to purify the space. I have a few different kinds so I use a different scent every time depending on my need or how I feel.
3. Candles and a little dedication/protection to ‘depression’: I’ve been really fighting it this time around and I’ve been going really well.. I’ve been scared that I’ll slip up soon though and this was just a little protection spell I guess. A lavender flower with lavender petals and 2 candles on either side.
4. Lavender ‘flower essence’ and brandy: A bit of an experiment I’m doing with the water the lavender flower was sitting in for a while. I’m just testing out something here with emotional healing.
5. My Bach Flower essences: My pre-made flower essences that are sitting on my alter being cleansed and blessed.
6. Brian’s Spot: I always have a little separate part dedicated to Brian. At the moment I have some tarot cards indicating situations and people in his life with stones representing success and wealth.
7. Wand: Found this piece of drift wood a few years back on the beach. It’s basically the perfect shape/size/weight for a wand. I’ve been meaning to make it into something nicer but sometimes I feel you can’t improve what nature gives you.
8. Book of Prescriptions: This is where I write down what I give people - just so I can keep track of their progress.
9. My Main Dedication: This is this spot where I normally do a main dedication or spell. It usually reflects a long term goal or a sabbat dedication. I usually use tarot cards to try and get my goals across but sometimes I use stones, leaves, flowers, bits of fabric, etc.
10. Smudge Fan: Pretty self explanatory really. I use this when I cleanse the house (Note: I got this and my book of prescriptions from Anathemum on Etsy).
11. Cone Holder: This is a pentacle shaped holder made out of wood. I use it to burn my little cone incenses - I found some jasmine smelling ones at a market and couldn’t resist them (I love the smell of jasmine!).
12. Bowl: It’s actually a mortar and pestle but I use it to represent a cauldron/chalice on my alter. It has my smudge stick sitting in it as well as the wrapping of my kookaburra feather hair piece that I got from Nature’s Art Melbourne on Etsy. It had 3 feathers sticky taped to it (I’m not entirely sure of the meanings behind them but I had a feeling it had something to do with protection).
13. Supplies: Clay, soap base, incense stick holder.
14. Medicinal Supplies: Tinctures, dried rhizomes, leafs, etc.
15. My Wedding Gift to Brian: I’m in the process of creating an album of our life so far for Brian to give to him on our wedding day.
(This is also where I keep my BOS but I had it out when I took this photo).
16. Supplies: Empty dropper bottles and lids for flower essences.
17. Tarot Cards: Wrapped in a black shiny material for protection. I also use this cloth as a cover sometimes for the alter or for something to sit on.
18. Labels: For the flowers essences.
19. Supplies: Brandy and water to make up the flower essences.
20. Books: I don’t have many and I wish I could buy more involved and educational books. Unfortunately though, I don’t have a lot of time so I doubt I’d be able to read them anyway.
21. Candles and Candle Holders: Plus all the wax that’s left over from the candles I burn. Not sure what I’ll do with it but I feel like it’s just a waste throwing it out.
22. Notebook: Just a general notebook that I write ideas in before I finalise them in my BOS.