Anon asked: “Any advice on Tarot reading?”
Keep a towel handy, for those emotional outbursts.
Keep loose paper and pen[cil] handy, so the person you’re reading for can take notes.
Don’t be embarrassed to say “I have to check the book/notes.”. Some card combinations will throw you.
If you can’t make sense of the cards, admit that. Sometimes the answer really is “Not telling.”.
Know your body. Have water (or juice) at hand. Take breaks. Don’t try to shotgun too many readings back to back. Mental fortitude is just as important as physical.
Spend time with your cards. Over time, you’ll build up a personal set of symbols and meanings for the cards. You’ll place your own spin on the Celtic Cross and find a few other spreads that work best for you. Depending on how you view the symbolism in “traditional” tarot, the book may be your guide, or may just steady the table. But it’s your cards. Study them. Play silly “what if” games with them. Learn them.
Relax. You’re only the messenger. The querent has to do the work.
- whitefiremagick reblogged this from supwitches
- makingnewblog likes this
- jsisjsoleil likes this
- shelbymelissawitchy reblogged this from thiscrookedcrown
- honeyyisforbees reblogged this from harmnone
- supwitches reblogged this from threedifferentways
- shadow-swords reblogged this from hellboundwitch
- khesbet likes this
- qenitalia likes this
- bitemewinchester likes this
- winds-of-terra likes this
- angimal likes this
- depressedgenius likes this
- humansacrafice likes this
- the-queeninthenorth reblogged this from littlecitywitch
- the-queeninthenorth likes this
- thewordssheknows-thetuneshehums likes this
- littlecitywitch reblogged this from harmnone
- harmnone reblogged this from hellboundwitch
- cassiealaskamargo likes this
- washingtub likes this
- basedmcgoats likes this
- meandmyemerie reblogged this from thiscrookedcrown
- peepswitch likes this
- ramblingmage likes this
- trail-of-the-witch reblogged this from khal-winchester
- lalasanctuary reblogged this from amethystsplace and added:
- lalasanctuary likes this
- caffinatedaka likes this
- therosebell reblogged this from thiscrookedcrown
- sumeragisubaru likes this
- stevebl0gs reblogged this from viomatic
- chanteloupe likes this
- cultofthedead likes this
- homesteadilee reblogged this from thiscrookedcrown
- homesteadilee likes this
- lunacascabelera likes this
- witchdoll likes this
- aldergroves likes this
- hellboundwitch reblogged this from threedifferentways
- viomatic reblogged this from thiscrookedcrown and added:
- viomatic likes this
- four-sided-triangle reblogged this from thiscrookedcrown
- hellboundwitch likes this
- cultofthedead said: The cards are right, just say whatever they say. Don’t match it to what you think. If they say the person will meet a male and they say they are interested in females only don’t change it, their in for a surprise.
- welcometothewarren likes this
- amethystsplace reblogged this from threedifferentways and added:
- amethystsplace likes this
- thiscrookedcrown reblogged this from threedifferentways and added:
- lady-laz likes this